Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Beware the Tiny URL's

Tiny url's seem to be everywhere now. On Twitter, Facebook... I even tried to post a link on Myspace and it created a tinyurl right there for me, (without me even wanting it to, of course). And, well, along with new and innovative ideas comes room for malicious intentions. Those tiny url's that you may be clicking on daily easily have the potential to steal your information, hack your accounts and create havoc in your life. Thus I'm giving this warning: Beware the tiny url's, and use some common sense when opening web pages from people you don't even know. Furthermore, the tiny url problem is also affecting YouTube. To see what I mean, watch this youtube video from Mike Mozart. And if you're like me, and you wish to protect yourself even more, here's the site for LongURL where you can do a reverse lookup for that little url text.

Additional Links:
Fraud Prevention Unit

No comments:

Post a Comment