Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Windows 7 complaints, beefs and grievances

Windows has always, as a rule, sucked. It is often riddled with bugs and software glitches that can sometimes make you rip out your hair in frustration. While Windows 7 has fixed many of those problems like easier access to recent and important files with jump lists, better support for DVD's, namely the ability to play them, awesome support for drivers, etc., it still has it's irritating issues.

I'm happy with the things that it does have, so I try not to let the little things get to me too much. However, it's good for the soul if one can let out the minor complaints once in awhile. So to get to the point, here's what I'm a little frustrated about with Windows 7:

I've been using Ultimate for months now. Only at the time that I installed it have I been able to do a normal restart. These days the only way I can restart it is to power it completely down and then back on. When I press the restart button or let it restart after making changes, all I get is a dark screen with a cursor. Hopefully that will get worked out some day but for now the poor restart button is taking a vacation.

Another issue I seem to have is the Music link in Libraries. It doesn't work. Not at all. If I double click on it it doesn't do anything. Very odd indeed. Now when I click on the drop down list in the left panel it'll show me everything that's there, so it works that way, but.... It still gets on my nerves if you know what I mean.

Finally, the last major thing I can think of, is the search feature. It doesn't work at all. When I enter text to search and hit enter, absolutely nothing happens!
WTF!? Guess that's Windows for you.

Well that's it for now. I'm sure I'll update this post as time goes by and Win 7 shows its true "potential".

No comments:

Post a Comment